Tuesday 14 July 2009

Fixing PC


I've been really busy taking my desktop PC apart and putting it back together after my Windows Vista -_- installation got corrupted and wouldn't boot any more.

Tried repairing it using the Vista install DVD ~ no luck.
FYI, I tried the methods described at neosmart.net and bleepingcomputer.com.

So ended up replacing motherboard, SATA cables, and checking for greener (less power demanding) components. Video cards may end up consuming far too much power nowadays, and I don't think most of us need them.

Now everything is back to normal, and I suspect that the problem was a malfunctioning/broken SATA connector on the motherboard.

Oh, well, at least it's fixed, over and done now.

No comments:

Optimise Windows 10/11

How to optimise your Windows setup Just in case you need it. If you want a safe and conservative approach, just disable the background apps ...