Sunday 4 September 2011

Ubuntu 11.10 Beta

I'm curious, so I downloaded Ubuntu 11.10 Beta and tested the live CD.

What I can tell you is that Unity keeps getting better (I'm not a big fan, though, I prefer the good old Gnome, xfce and lxde), the interface looks more polished, and improved.

Ubuntu Classic is gone, though. That's what I didn't like. So we'd have to install another desktop if we wanted options. From the terminal (or Synaptic, which isn't on the live CD either, so you'd have to install it, too) try:
sudo apt-get install lxde
Of course lxde there could be replaced by xfce or gnome, lubuntu-desktop, xubuntu-desktop.

No comments:

Optimise Windows 10/11

How to optimise your Windows setup Just in case you need it. If you want a safe and conservative approach, just disable the background apps ...